We understand the need for you to trust a counsellor you need to have absolute discretion.
The contents of each session are kept strictly confidential with the following exceptions:
- As a requirement of supervision (this is required of all counsellors to ensure work maintains high standards) care will be taken to preserve client confidentiality.
- Where as a client you give consent for the confidence to be broken.
- Where we feel it is appropriate to consult with, or involve other professionals such as your GP in circumstances where there is a risk of harm to you or to a third party. In such cases we will aim to discuss any action with you first and seek to gain your co-operation.
- Where in extreme cases we are legally compelled by a court of law.
- Where statutory law requires us to inform the relevant authorities (such as terrorist activities, drug trafficking or abuse of a child or vulnerable adult).
If you would like any more information about our confidentiality policy then please feel free to email us.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions and if you’d like to make an appointment.